Liebster Award Nomination

So last night as I attempted to avoid sleep once again for no reason other than tumblr was calling me I found out that I had been nomintaed for a Liebster award. Having no idea what this was I followed the post given to me and found something quite cool. 

I was nominated by Rose aka Desert Rose Reviews because apparently, despite my insistent beliefs, people actually look at this little blog of mine and find my ramblings interesting. 

There are rules and things you have to do as a kind of recognition thing and it is hard work so let's get started. 


Rules of the award which have apparently had an extra one added are: 
1) Link back to the blog that nominated you.Check. 
2) Answer the questions they set for the blogs they nominated. Check.
3) Nominate 10 blogs of your own & let them know with a link to your post. Check.
4) Ask 10 questions for the blogs you nominate to answer in their post. Check.
5) The new added rule is to share some random facts about yourself.  Check

Rose's Questions
1) What's your blog about?
My blog is about books, films and television primarily with some posts about history or music that interest me at that time.

2.  What do you do for fun? 
I read books on my shelves and I edit for Youtube. I have had a Youtube channel since 2009 and although it is only small it is fun and relaxing. Not a lot of time for fun things at the minute though except for food because I can do that whilst I attempt to finish school.
3.  What's your fav kind of music/band/song?
That is like asking me to decide what organ I like best. I like all kinds of music and will listen to anything. Mostly I listen to indie/ rock music but anything that makes me chill out I will like. My brother often makes remarks about my sucky taste in music.

4.  What's your fav book (or top 5, if you can't pick just one ;)?
Let us go with the top 5 which are (in no particular order) - The Great Gatesby by F. Scott Fitzgerald, Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen, Times Echo by Pamela Hawthorne, Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier and Either Side of Midnight by Tori de Clare. That was a hard decision.

5.  Are you doing anything special for Christmas?
I am going to Ireland for a couple days around Christmas time so that will be good. Meeting up with my brother who has moved to the states and spending some quality family time which will probably drive me insane after 10 minutes of us all being there. 
6.  Do you enjoy the winter season?
I live in England where is is cold for the majority of the year so I am more accustomed to the cold. In summer when it gets really hot I do not handle well. Much prefer needing slippers and a dressing gown as no one can see your comfort eat food baby. Then it snows at awkward times in the UK and although I love me a good winter I will only accept snow if school closes. If it doesn't then all hell breaks loose as I walk for 45 minutes to get to school on time.
7.  Best memory from this year?
Passing my driving test which I did a couple weeks ago. Got a single minor and can now legally drive myself to McDonald's whenever I want :) 
 
8.  Any New Years resolutions?
 I don't tend to need them so no. Nothing I need to change really since I am in a pretty basic circle of life now. Maybe be nicer to people cause I can be a little mean when I, well, breath.

9.  Anything exciting happening in your life at the moment?
The christmas holidays begin in 11 days and I am bursting with joy at the prospect of avoiding school for two weeks of laziness.

10.  Book you're looking forward to reading next year?
Anything that I buy on Amazon. I do not tend to keep up to date with releases, it seems like a waste of time a little bit since I will only wait until the books go down in price to buy them. Got a whole bunch on my Amazon wishlist and am getting some for Christmas so cannot wait to read them!

Random Facts

1) I am just about 5 foot 4 inches which leads to me being called short a lot but I just think everyone else is too tall.
2) I have blue eyes and brown hair
3) I have not had my natural hair colour since I was in year 4 (aged 9) when I got highlighs for the first time. 
4) I have no allergies except for grass pollan which means in the summer I get such bad hayfever that I have to take 3 different kinds of medication to keep me functioning.
5)  I am the youngest of 3 and have two older brothers.

Nominations

My Questions

Going to go christmassy on my questions because soon is the day of joy and presents. That and 10 questions is a lot so I took the obvious scapegoat...

1) Who will you be spending christmas with this year?
2) What do you hope to get for christmas this year?
3) Cool or warm weather?
4) Any new releases you are excited about in 2014 (films, books or TV series)?
5) Favourite time period in history?
6) Perfect book guy/girl?
7) What are you reading at the moment?
8) Favourite genre of film, book and TV series?
9) If you could be anyone from the past or present for a day, who would it be?
10) What character do you aspire to be like?

I hope that you enjoyed my contribution and to those I nominted I hope you can accept the nomination thingy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About