Losing it by Cora Carmack


Amazon synopsis: Love. Romance. Sex. There's a first time for everything...
As far as Bliss Edwards can tell, she's the last virgin standing, certainly amongst her friends. And she's determined to deal with the 'problem' as quickly and simply as possible.
But her plan for a no-strings one night stand turns out to be anything but simple. Especially when she arrives for her first class and recognises her hot new British professor.
She'd left him naked in her bed just 8 hours earlier...

So I know I said that I was going to read "The Captive Queen" by Alison Weir first, I started this novel as some quick downtime reading. The edition I have is only 255 pages long and it has been sitting on my shelf for a while. I started this book after a friend of mine read it and her description of it sounded interesting. When it popped up on amazon for scraps it was an obvious buy. I finished it within a few days around lessons so I thought I would review it but since I don't really have time to write a long review it will be my first mini review.

Overall I thought this love story would be more forbidden. Turns out that really nothing is really awkward or wrong about it because nothing happens really until the end. There are a few close calls but then the same thing happens over and over again in the narrative. The main character was not someone I liked. She cried way too much and even though her college major is Theatre it just grinds on my nerves. There was a love triangle but I ended up wanting the third party to realise that the main character was not good enough for him. I will read the book but only because it is about him.

"Losing it" was too cheesy, too slow moving with repetitive scenes which could have been cut out and an unlikeable main character. Don't even get me started on the ridiculously stereotypical need to add British slang in an attempt to be humorous. As a British person, it isn't.

For these reasons: Rating 2.5/5

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About