Ouran High School Host Club

 (picture credit: http://askohshc.tumblr.com/)

Recently I have watched more anime than have in years. I can't really remember why I stopped watching but I regret doing so. The other week a friend of mine sent me a link to watch dubbed anime (I know it is a cheaters way of watching but I can't help it) and so I started a couple of series. One being the Ouran High School Host Club. I had heard a lot of good things about it and it did not disappoint me.

The plot line revolves around a girl called Haruhi who becomes a honours student at the prestigious Ouran High School whose students are mostly the children of rich business execs or royalty so being there is an amazing opportunity. Unfortunately for Haruhi she breaks an incredibly expensive vase in the meeting room of the schools Host club. As she has cut of her hair and does not wear a proper uniform when this happens, Haruhi is mistaken for a boy and forced to join the club to repay her debt. Her secret comes out to the group soon enough though and hilarity follows as they try and hide it from the rest of the school.

The characters in this series are all so different but each have an amazingly hilarious personality. In fact the club prides itself on their differences. Haruhi is what all female protagonists should be: Funny, smart, independent and most of all humble. I think one of the reasons I like her so much is that even though she ends up very successful in the club, she continues to believe she is nothing special. It also helps with the fangirling when she can be paired with literally everyone in the Host Club and even some out of it (personally I am a Mori and Haruhi fan).

There are 26 episodes at around 20 minutes each (if you skip the intro and credits) with single story lines. Each possess an interesting and comical plot yet culminate together in order to develop the characters in a way that you feel you get to know them in a way you would a real person. It also give insight into the lives and pressures of working towards your family name and honour.

The graphics are great in this and although it is quite overt in its representations, such as the grey cloud around Tamaki when he is upset, it works and makes for an enjoyable storyline.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About