7 Deadly Sins Book Tag!



Picture from here
Basically you take the seven deadly sins and attribute books/authors with them. It was originally done by BookishlyMalyza, which you can watch here!

Lets do this thing!

Sin 1: Greed - What is your most inexpensive book? What is your most expensive book?
My cheapest book is probably my copy of Great Expectations by Charles Dickens and my copy of The Casebook of Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle. Each cost me £1.89 at The Works.

My most expensive book is probably "The Dark Charisma of Adolf Hitler" by Laurence Rees, which cost me £12.99 at Waterstones. I didn't even want it really, it was half price and I needed it for my history class. Haven't finished reading it and since I have done the exam I don't need to... Might sell it on Ebay for full price...

Sin 2: Wrath - What author do you have a love/hate relationship with?

Philipa Gregory. I love her books until half way through and then she ruins her own characters. She seems to go too far with telling the story of the women by giving them a lot of credit for things they did not do.  Do not get me started on what happened to Catherine of Aragon half way through The Constant Princess!
Or she gets something/ someone historically wrong. I get that the writer has to create a personality with historical fiction but with her time period focus there is a lot of material to tell her what kind of person they were. Seriously woman?! What was Anne Boleyn in your book?!
Also Khaled Hosseini but that is another story.

Sin 3: Gluttony - What book have you deliciously devoured over and over with no shame whatsoever?
I don't tend to re-read books. There are so many new books out that I would rather experience a new story than ruin a loved one by reading it until the magic dies. That's why, outside of reading multiple times for school, I have only ever re-read Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. How could I not? It is spectacular and amazing and Mr Darcy is my perfect man! 

Sin 4: Sloth - What book have you neglected reading due to laziness?
The Sunne in the Splendour by Sharon Penman. I have wanted to read this book for so long and I got it and I started it but then I stopped... Currently I am on chapter 6 and what I have read so far is fantastic and I want to read more but the book is 900 pages long and I have shorter ones to read so it has just been sat next to my bed for about 3 months now.

Sin 5: Pride - What book do you most talk about in order to sound like a very intellectual reader?
Probably any of the historical novels and classics I have read. Mostly non-fiction historical novels, such as David Starkey's books, if I want to show off but I haven't read a lot and my friends tend not to care so I don't think I use books to sound intelligent. People who know me are probably sat there thinking "liar, it is all you do". I don't consciously use books to sound intelligent.

Sin 6: Lust - What attributes do you find most attractive in male or female characters?
Sarcasm/humour - They have to be witty and personally I like a dry humour, one liners are my weakness.
Flawed character - I like a man with a dark side,not going to lie. If they have a flaw and don't whinge about it then I will probably love them
Strong, silent type - Personally I like my men tall, dark and ominous. If a man can say something in 10 words instead of 30, he's my guy.
Someone who can hold their ground - I don't like the guy who falls for the girl and cannot resist her. Grow a spine!
An example in a book would be Harry Dresden from the Harry Dresden Files mixed with Hagi from Blood +: First Kiss (book of the anime). Basically Mr Darcy really.

Sin 7: Envy- What books would you most like to receive as a gift?
When it comes to books, my priorities change a lot. At the moment I would love to get the third book in the Lucifer Box series by Mark Gatiss because it is one of my all time favourite series and I only have the first two. There are so many more I want but none that I could single out as a gift.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About